SketchBox #5 - Inktober

October, Inktober, what's in a name? Well, if you're into ink drawing and painting, this is the month of the year that many get involved in The Inktober Initiative by Jake Parker and this month, the SketchBox is very apropos to what's happening!



So, while I'm not an Inktober follower just yet, I do like ink, especially in the jar for the purpose of drawing. This month we get a fun collection of goodies:

1. Winsor & Newton Drawing Ink - 14ml size of Black India ink and one of my favourite brands. I have 8 of their inks in various colours from a previous art haul.

2. Princeton Mini Detailer - this is a #1 Liner brush made with synthetic sable and has a nice, long, tip that does keep a nice point. Since it can be used with both ink and watercolour, I'm looking forward to playing with it a bit more.

3. COPIC Sepia multi-liner set - Hey, it's COPIC and it's sepia, which is kind of cool.

4. Zebra double ended brush pen - A first look item, so apparently not on the market yet and the copy I received has zero English on it.

5. Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pen set - Firm and soft tip brushes with black ink. I'm not a calligrapher, though I should probably pick up some basics, but I did give it a try.

Anyways, I like this box and definitely comes with some goodies that I will definitely make use of. Ink is fun and, well, I use it a lot with watercolour.